The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Jennifer Grey




Jennifer Grey is a good example of how a rhinoplasty can really change someone's looks, whether for good or bad. The removal of the bump on her nose (dorsal hump is the scientific term) made her look very different from Baby in "Dirty Dancing." I personally think she looks better, but the problem is that she doesn't look like she used to. Her nose was one of her defining features (like Julia Roberts without her lips, Cindy Crawford without her mole, or David Letterman without the gap between his front teeth), and now she just doesn't look the same. See some of the Jacksons for other examples.

Have a good Memorial Day weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw her at a taping of tv show here in Hollywood and I didn't recognize her.

Doctor -- check out Ryan Secrest's picture from a few years ago on perezhilton.com. Makes me think he has had rhinoplasty -- and that it was executed. What do you think?

Dr. Tony Youn said...

Yeah, I agree that he's had some thinning of the nose done. He used to have a "bulbous" or overly round tip, but now it is much more refined. Nice pickup!

Anonymous said...

Also, I just saw Tom Hanks on SNL and he is looking really good (not just the *new* hair.) New, nicely taut jawline.

Dr. Tony Youn said...

I just saw the DaVinci Code, and I wasn't too impressed with his neckline, but I may be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, she's different now, but she's really nice, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Grey commented on Oprah that having a rhinoplasty ruined her career -- she was not recognizable afterwards, and so wasn't offered the same work that she had been before.

Ironic, because she *does* look better after. And although I loved her in Dirty Dancing, it was hard not to constantly think "what a nose!"

Anonymous said...

I think also that her original rhinoplasty was botched up, and she had to go back several times to get it corrected.

Anonymous said...

She's obviously had more than a nose job, she looks like a completely different person.