The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Evolence is Dead? Plastic Surgeon is Murdered?


A couple big things in the world of plastic surgery:

1. Johnson and Johnson has discontinued its wrinkle filler Evolence. According to an article from Real Self.com the collagen product has been taken off the market and is up for sale. I have never used Evolence although have been invited to become an "Evolence Star." Because the results weren't impressive and I saw no advantage of this product over Restylane or Juvederm, I never bothered to get trained in it. I do know some great plastic surgeons who are big supporters of Evolence, so I'm sure they're disappointed. Maybe it will rise from the ashes like Artefill.

2. It appears that a prominent Tulane plastic surgeon has been stabbed to death and his home set on fire. In a horribly tragic story, reconstructive plastic surgeon Dr. Ralph Newsome, Jr. was knifed to death and then had his French Quarter home set on fire. He was a very accomplished surgeon who mainly treated trauma victims and cancer patients. Was it one of his patients who murdered him? It's possible. I actually know some plastic surgeons who pack heat in case a disgruntled patient decides to attack them. It's truly a scary world out there.

For more on Dr. Newsome, click here.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

3 comments:

Michael C. Pickart, M.D. said...

1) I liked Evolence. It was a bit lumpier than Juvederm and Restylane, but the patients had much less bruising. When a patient wanted a quick filler that wouldn't cause too much bruising or swelling for their big event tonight, Evolence was my go-to product. Bummer that it is the latest corporate victim of the Great Recession.
2) Poor Dr. Newsome. I did not know him personally, but he had a great reputation. How awful.

Taterpie said...

http://loreanashlilove.blogspot.com/2009/11/honest-scrap-award-p.html

I gave your blog the Honest Scrap Award.

Anonymous said...

I am terribly sorry for Dr. Newsome's tragic death.

I sincerely hope that whoever did this crime is found quickly and brought to justice.