The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Plastic Surgery by Morticians? Not Really...

I was interviewed recently for an article on MSNBC.com focusing on the procedures morticians are asked to do nowadays to make people look as good as possible after they die. Apparently they perform some pretty complex plastic surgery-like procedures to make people look even younger than they did when they passed on. Here's my quote from the article:

“Society is unfortunately getting more and more vain as time goes on,” says Youn. “Fifty years ago, no one would have thought about how good they’re going to look when they die, but now that’s probably something the ‘Real Housewives of Orange County’ talk about. If they die, they want to look good in their casket. It’ll be one last time to show off their new outfit and their plumped lips.”

It's funny, my next door neighbor, Dave Temrowski (also quoted in the article) is a prominent mortician in this area, and while we've talked about our occupations at length, we never really saw the similarity in what we do. In fact, I probably learned more by talking with the journalist than she did in talking with me!

Click here to read the MSNBC article, Final Touch : A Cosmetic Lift for Your Funeral?

Thank you to Diane Mapes for contacting me for this article.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog. Gonna through your posting. Is that really works??