The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Mickey Rourke's Facelift Scars


I was browsing Dlisted.com and came across this high resolution photo of the side of Mickey Rourke's head. Click the photo to enlarge it. If you look closely you can see the scars that extend in front of his ears, around his earlobe, and then head back into the crease behind his ears. This is the typical location of facelift scars. Notice also that the cartilage of the front of his ear (the tragus) is flat-looking. This is one tell-tale sign of a facelift.
If you haven't rented The Wrestler yet, check it out. Fantastic performances by two very talented actors.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know about the tragus change. Very interesting! When I have my first facelift, I'll be sure to put in the request to not trash my tragus. :)

It amazes me how tiny changes to the face can have such a great impact. Facelift cues can be subtle and yet very observable. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why even minimal lip fillers look fake.