The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Decade's Top 10 Plastic Surgery Stories


Plastic Surgery News, the official newsletter of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, has released their Top 10 Plastic Surgery Stories of the Decade. Here they are:
1. Face Transplantation Becomes a Reality
2. Silicone Implants Return
3. Plastic Surgery and Reality TV
4. Botox Launches Minimally Invasive Trend
5. The Next Generation of Soft Tissue Fillers Arrive
6. High Profile Deaths Raise Patient Safety Awareness
7. Plastic Surgery Goes to Washington
8. Post-Bariatric Boom
9. Increase in Office-Based Surgery
10. Medical Tourism

In general I would agree with all of these. The field of plastic surgery has changed immensely in the past 10 years. I look forward to seeing how plastic surgery will be different in 2020!

By the way, I would add #11: Dr. Youn's popular Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery blog debuts. ;)

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The odd thing is the face transplant looks better than a few facelifts on society women I know here in SF. The nose is certainly shaped better than a lot of rhinoplasties I see. They did a fantastic job.