The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Mickey Rourke



Mickey Rourke cut off his own finger? According to Starpulse.com the actor Mickey Rourke (whom I think did a great job in Sin City) cut off his own finger because he "didn't want it."
He reportedly said, "I cut my little finger off because I thought I didn't want it. I was angry about something so I decided I didn't need the end of the little finger on my left hand. I didn't cut it off completely - it was still hanging on a tendon - and an English friend, Gary, carefully carried the end of it as we went to hospital to try to rectify the situation. It took the surgeon eight hours to sew it back on. I still can't bend it properly."
...And he appears to have had a bad facelift too. What an idiot.

Story credit: Starpulse.com

9 comments:

Radmila said...

You know, there are people in this world who would literally cut off an arm (and not have it sewn back on) to have had the opportunities that he's had.
You're right.
He's an idiot.

Dubawnt said...

wow, this guy is such a douche bag.

Anonymous said...

TOTAL.LOSER.ALERT.
He looks like the wax version of himself.

Anonymous said...

His appearance now is a combination of getting back into boxing at 34, "... He competed from 1992 to 1996 and was beaten up daily by his sparring partner. By the time he threw in the towel, he'd had five nose operations, broken his hand repeatedly and suffered concussion several times..." and then some admittedly really bad plastic surgery decisions.

I gotta say, I kinda feel for the guy now after I read this article: http://www.theage.com.au/news/film/mickey-mouth/2005/07/07/1120704484581.html

Some heavy shit, and he's working hard toward redemption.

Not sure WHAT the hell the finger thing was about; sounds like he needs to up that therapy schedule...

Anonymous said...

LOL the idiot comment made me giggle - I have been reading your blog for a while now and that comment seemed so unlike the blogging you....all that aside...anyone who would chop off their own finger for that reason has to be an idiot

Anonymous said...

What a fool. Broken nose or not, he still looked better without the bad surgery.

The_Aitch said...

Isn't that a mental illness he has? Body dysmporphism or something?

Dr. Tony Youn said...

For more information on body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) check out my post on Nicole Richie from several weeks ago.

John said...

What a complete tool, some people are just totally beyond comprehension.