The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Heidi Montag Tweets Plastic Surgery Advice


Our favorite plastic surgery disaster, Heidi Montag, has now taken to tweeting advice for people regarding plastic surgery. Here are three recent tweets, courtesy of USAToday.com, and my analysis (in italics):

"Warning: to anyone who is thinking about getting their ears pinned, I learned after the fact it is the most painful surgery a person can get" - Untrue. I've performed this surgery many times and pain is almost never an issue. A tummy tuck or breast augmentation is much more painful than an otoplasty (ear pinback).

"Giving my self a soft tissue breast massage. Ladies we have to keep those implants soft" - True. I have all my breast implant patients massage their breasts as a way to help keep the scar tissue and implants soft. Unfortunately, scientific studies don't support this helping, but most plastic surgeons recommend their patients do it anyway.

"I had a nightmare that I slept without my nose tape on thank God it wasn't true!" - Huh? THAT's a nightmare? Geez, my nightmares are more about driving off a cliff or finding myself in school without any pants on.

Story credit: USA Today

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's such an idiot!

MAS said...

Hmmm... Heidi Montag giving plastic surgery advice... Isn't that an oxymoron? Without the "oxy"... :)

Antonia Rosina said...

Lol. Love this post and MAS's response. The "nightmare" comment reminds me of something that was attributed to Heidi Klum in one of the fashion magazines. Apparently she was "shocked" that some women didn't use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. How sad is that? I'm shocked when I hear that a dear friend has an incurable disease or that her husband was seriously injured in a car crash. Some people must live shallow lives (or the writers who come up with this stuff do...)