The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ashley Tisdale Confirms Rhinoplasty



High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale has recently confirmed to People.com that she's had a nose job. According to the article, she stated:

"Growing up I always knew I had a deviated septum on the right side of my nose, which caused trouble breathing," a bandaged Tisdale told PEOPLE on Monday from her Los Angeles home. "The older I got, the worse it got. I went to get it checked out, and the doctor told me the septum was 80 percent deviated and that I had two small fractures on my nose." Tisdale's mother, Lisa, was by her side during the five-hour procedure.
"I didn't do this because I believe in plastic surgery. I did this to help my health. I literally almost could not breathe out of the right side of my nose," says Tisdale, who's openly discussing the procedure because "I want my fans to know the truth. I'm not someone who is going to act like I had nothing done. I just want to be honest because my fans are everything to me."

Hmmm...This is an interesting story. First of all, five hours for a septoplasty is a bit excessive. Most plastic surgeons can perform this procedure in an hour or less. Also, she does appear to have a bump on her nose, which is not usually removed during a septoplasty. This bump does not typically cause breathing problems. Therefore if she, like Ashlee Simpson, resurfaces with a nose that has the bump removed, then she did not have just a septoplasty, but a cosmetic rhinoplasty too. We'll see if she follows the recent Hollywood trend of admitting to a septoplasty but having the results of a cosmetic rhinoplasty.

photo credit: prphotos.com (photo is from July 2007)

Thanks for reading.

Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

My husband had a septoplasty, polyps removed and a sinus window enlarged and it took about an hour for his doctor to do the surgery. Unless they are including the pre-op and recovery time post surgery, I don't see how it could have taken five hours.

Anonymous said...

good for her! She is adorable, but did have a rather pronounced nose for someone so tiny. It was distracting. She should not have gone on and on about the septoplasty though. I bet she will look great. I am glad she was able to make this decision at her age instead of waiting and always hating her nose.

Anonymous said...

I like her nose. It gives her character. It's not like Jennifer Tilly's (which was ugly), it's just a distinctive trait that she had better not lose if she wants to continue getting acting jobs.

Anonymous said...

CLICK HERE to watch video with old and new nose

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. Nice to see some informed objectivity amidst all the speculation.
As for Ashley, I'd feel better if she just admitted what was done. I believe that girls should be themselves and not a plasticized version. If she needed the septoplasty for health reasons, that's one thing. But she already was a cutie without a rhinoplasty that made her look like someone else.

bariatric surgery baltimore said...

Nothing wrong with her, looks the same, once again, lets give her credit, that she doesnt have a disgusting looking of hemorroide lips, monster or disfigurate.