The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Scarlett Johansson Threatens to Sue US Weekly

Scarlett Johannson has threatened legal action over a recent cover story in US Weekly featured photos of her with the headline, "A-List Nip / Tuck." According to OK! Magazine, Scarlett stated:

"I have always been straightforward with the press regarding my body image and I am very concerned that my fans (and perhaps even my employers) will feel misled. Thus, I feel compelled to take immediate legal action against US Weekly."

Her representative also stated:

"The publication (US Weekly) made a pathetic attempt to validate its story by using two cover photos...with obviously different make-up and lighting, and then relying on an 'expert's opinion' on what 'might' have been done. It wasn't.'"

I don't think she's had anything done, but I do believe in free speech. I'm glad I wasn't the 'expert' in this story!

Photo credit: prphotos.com

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannot say as I agree about the nose. Here's the teenage Scarlett:
http://hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/jessica-biel-scarlett-jo.jpg

raincoaster

Zen Wizard said...

I would say that even if she hasn't had anything done, since she is "actively seeking publicity" (as an actress) the standard of "actual malice" (New York Times v. Sullivan & progeny) should apply to US Magazine--i.e., did they publish the allegation--if in fact it was an allegation--"knowing it was false, or with reckless disregard for whether it was true or not"?

I bought the magazine and it seemed to be, "Here is Picture A; Here is Picture B--you be the judge."

But I would have to go back and read the caption again.

If in fact she has had some sort of procedure, then TRUTH is a defense against defamation.

Another possible defense is, "Does an allegation of plastic surgery actually, modernly, 'cause the actor to be shunned and avoided by their peers'"?

Since almost everyone is doing it--or at least a large segment of the entertainment community--the allegation would seem to have lost its stigma.

Anonymous said...

i saw her at the beach and she was playing in the water with some guy a few months ago. when she put her hands on his shoulders and lifted herself out of the water her boobs had a gap between them. they are fake for sure and that gay guy who grabbed her chest said it felt like something fishy was going on. her nose, though who knows? that mag article sucked b/c they didn't have the best pictures and never even called lindsay lohan on her fake chest and definite nose job.

Anonymous said...

If you look at stills of her from the movie Girl With A Pearl Earring and then premiere photos from the Black Dahlia and recent photos from Stuff or FHM she looks totally different. In fact she was hideous when she started out.

Make-up does wonders but I don't think that any make-up alone would transform her into a total beauty queen. Her face looked like a boy's in Pearl Earring. Her breasts jut out and stand on their own too, they are definitely way too perky to be real. Big breasts have SOME natural sag.

Then again some people truly think Paris Hilton hasn't had surgery and just wears push-up bras.

Dr. Tony Youn said...

Ruby-
I haven't seen Girl with a Pearl Earring, but if she's had plastic surgery, it's pretty subtle in my opinion. I think you may be off on Paris Hilton, though. If she has implants, they are not very large ones. Thanks for your comments.