The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon
I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
I hope you are all having a nice New Year. I've compiled my list of the Top 5 Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery Stories of 2007. Here they are:
5. Breast Augmentation is announced as the #1 plastic surgery of 2006, the first year ever that breast implants are the top plastic surgery. Fashion followers Heidi Montag, Kellie Pickler and Brooke Hogan immediately rush off to the local plastic surgeon to get themselves a pair (or so it appears). Click for link.
4. Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman admits to some plastic surgery medicine herself. While a contestant on Dancing with the Stars, Jane Seymour states she's had blepharoplasty, breast augmentation, and Botox in the past. Soon after, voters boot the classy star from the show, possibly in a display of jealousy. No one can look as good as she does without some help! Click for link.
3. Septoplasty surgery sweeps Hollywood, however instead of just straightening the septum like this surgery is supposed to do, celebrities re-enter the spotlight with noses that are straighter, thinner, and more contoured. Stars like Ashley Tisdale, Cameron Diaz, and Jennifer Aniston reportedly go to the same Beverly Hills septoplasty surgeon to get their "septoplasty-plus."
2. Lipodissolve, or mesotherapy, gains national attention as celebrities such as Britney Spears are rumored to have had the controversial treatment for fat reduction. Although practioners initally flooded the media with sometimes outrageous claims, scrutiny ensues, culminating in skeptical articles in Allure magazine and the bankruptcy of the largest nationwide Lipodissolve chain, Fig. Click for link.
1. Kanye West's mom, Donda West, dies just days after breast reduction, tummy tuck and liposuction surgery. A media frenzy ensues, as her prominent Beverly Hills plastic surgeon is revealed to lack board-certification (although he did complete a plastic surgery residency) and have several questionable features of his past. At the request of the West family, her surgeon walks off an interview on the Larry King Live set, the first to do so in King's several decades of live TV. The importance of finding a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and undergoing preoperative clearance is emphasized to the public. Click for link.
That's it! It's been an exciting year in celebrity plastic surgery, and the upcoming year is bound to bring more exciting and interesting news. I look forward to covering it with you.
Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.: