The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon
I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
There is an interesting slide show on MSNBC.com listing 7 Strange Plastic Surgery Procedures. Here they are, and whether or not I perform them:
1. Cankle Lipo - I do this surgery occasionally, but there is a high risk of fluid collections and other complications.
2. Earlobe Lift - This is a surgery I perform often, and recently discussed the "Pac Man Earlobe Lift" on the Fox News Channel.
3. Fillers in Your Feet - Mostly done by podiatrists.
4. Golf Ball Chin - As popularized by Chef Gordon Ramsay. I almost never inject Botox here, since people almost never ask for it.
5. Radish Calf - Huh? What the heck is this?
6. Knee Lipo - I do this all the time, mainly to the inner knee fat.
7. Necklace Lines - This is a silly name given to neck wrinkles. They are very difficult to get rid of, like the wrinkles in the palm of your hand. A good facelift may marginally improve them, but they are there to stay.
Here are two more strange, but true, surgeries they left out: Dimple Creation and Second Toe Shortening.
For the MSNBC article, click here.
Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.: