The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blog Reader's Experience with Juvederm Ultra


One of our faithful blog readers, Rosina from Middle Ageless, has posted a photo essay on her recent experience with Juvederm Ultra injections into her cheeks and nasolabial folds (groove extending from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth). You can see her nice improvement here. She has a fairly typical result from a conservative amount of filler injected. I wonder how many vials were used? Most people with fairly prominent nasolabial folds need at least 2 vials to get optimal results.

If you haven't checked out her Middle Ageless blog, make sure to visit. It has a great combination of beauty, plastic surgery, and fashion secrets. You can check it out here.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

2 comments:

Dr. V said...

Great post! i would be fantastic if more people were willing to share their experience like this. You really get a good sense of what the whole process from start to finish is like. Nice results too... just wish there was a before picture for comparison. This has to be at least 4 vials, if not more, for both folds and both cheekbones.

Antonia Rosina said...

Hello there! It's Rosina. I had two vials actually. I was surprised by the result. The doctor said she was using the "bolus" technique as it disperes slower. She did not angle the needle up and fan/withdraw, she went straight in almost at 90 degrees! I needed very little in the cheekbone area. The folds are very deep and I needed only one for both but I did have some underlying Restylane left. Had I not had this, then I would say another vial would have done it (two in the folds, one in the cheekbones). The Juvéderm requires no freezing. It was quite an enjoyable experience and I am happy to share it. I couldn't really come up with a good "before" as I have had Restylane in there for many years. The combination of both the cheekbones and the folds/clefts has worked wonders on the upper edge of the fold.
Thank you for your kind comments about my blog. I love yours too!