The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Demi Moore Comes Clean About Plastic Surgery... Kind Of


In an interview with Elle Magazine, Demi Moore has finally confirmed the rumors that she's had plastic surgery. The 47 year old actress stated that she had work done, but only to her body. She also admitted to body image issues, and would not rule out more plastic surgery in the future. According to nydailynews.com:

"I've had something done but it's not my face," says the mother of three... However, Moore did reveal that she wouldn't be opposed to having plastic surgery in the future.
"You know what? Maybe one day I'll go under the knife," she admits. "It just irritates me that people are constantly saying how much I've spent on plastic surgery."


"I had an extreme obsession with my body," she says. "I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over."

It's nice to hear her finally revealing that her body is not 100% plastic surgery-free. I never believed the audacious rumors that she'd had $3 million worth of plastic surgery, nor did I believe her frequent denials of going under the knife. I wish that the reporter from Elle would have asked her why she felt it necessary to deny having plastic surgery for all those years. Good for you to finally embrace it, Demi! Now admit to having work done on your face and we'll all be happy!

For my previous posts on Demi Moore and her plastic surgery denials, click here.
Photo credit: prphotos.com

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:




9 comments:

Dr.V said...

It's definitely a good thing that she's finally came clean... probably a huge weight off her shoulders. It's a shame that so many women still feel like they have to hide the fact that they had plastic surgery, or are interested in getting plastic surgery. What's so wrong with wanting to feel better about your look?? As long as you're making the decision for the right reasons, it's really nobody's business. If something bothers you enough that you think about it every day when you look in the mirror, why not make a change and free up all that energy that goes into focusing so intensely on stuff like that?

Good for you Demi!

ps... I'm not sure how she could deny the fact that she had plastic surgery in the first place... Those unbelievably perfect D cups she had in GI Jane must have come from all those one-arm pushups :)

Antonia Rosina said...

You know, when I was in my 20s, UK doctors were still requiring a psychological profile on anyone wanting cosmetic surgery. Fortunately times have changed but I think a lot of women (as most candidates are women) feel guilty about doing something good for themselves. That money should be spent elsewhere, on the kids, the husband, the house. Anywhere, in fact, that's not onthemselves. Other women feel it is vain, or giving in to some "weakness." I believe that we are keeping our insides younger with healthy foods, exercise, etc. but may not have started early enough to prevent/delay external aging. (We have learned so much about aging in the past 15 years or so.) Therefore, it is wonderful that these options are available to help us look as good as we may feel.

As for Demi, she looks great, however she has achieved her looks.

NurseGirl said...

I think Demi looks PERFECT! I don't know what she's had done, but whoever did her work is INCREDIBLE! The women who look best are the ones that don't try to look 25 all over again; instead, they concentrate on problem areas, and the plastic surgeon uses a light hand! By the way, Dr. Youn, YOUR before and after pics demonstrate exactly what I'm talking about! Your patients look GREAT in their "after" pics! Why aren't there more surgeons like you? I would think with all the money some of these people have, they could afford the best, and not someone who leaves them looking hideous and horrible!

Karina - Sydney 4 Women said...

Thank for for sharing!

It is always the same story with celebrities they make their fame around rumors. We don't always believe what they say but we keep talking about them and that is what celebrities are all about. Isn't it true?

Discounted Cosmetics said...

It's nice to hear her finally revealing that her body is not 100% plastic surgery-free. I never believed the audacious rumors that she'd had $3 million worth of plastic surgery, nor did I believe her frequent denials of going under the knife.

Anonymous said...

It's my understanding that she was only saying that she hadn't had plastic "surgery" on her face, but she didn't deny having a range of non-surgical procedures which very obviously she has had! She's got a good doc, that's for sure, whatever procedures she's doing look really great. One thing I love is she hasn't become a victim of over-filling, if she's using fillers she's doing it very conservatively. Nice to see a woman with thin lips.

Cosmetic Dentists Chandler said...

I really hate it when people use the term "come clean" when people admit to having plastic surgery. It kinda makes you feel like you're admitting to drug use!

Michael C. Pickart, M.D., F.A.C.S. said...

Funny that nobody questions insecure young men who pump up their own egos with high-priced motorcyles and fancy sportscars. But when women want to increase their relative attractiveness with simple Botox injections or nip/tucks, then everybody questions whether those women have psychological problems. Let's call this what it is: sexism. That Demi has to "come clean" (like a felon or a drug addict) about plastic surgery is a shame.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Pickart, I think people are offended because Moore initially claimed that she'd had no work done. It was laughable. Now she's made a slight correction. She should have just kept her mouth shut in the first place. :)