So, how would I fix Jocelyn Wildenstein's bad plastic surgery?
This would be quite the job for any plastic surgeon. Here are some things I would recommend if she came to me for consultation:
1. No more plastic surgery unless it is to correct the previous work that has been done.
2. Remove any cheek implants that have been placed. Consider liposuctioning any excess fat grafts which have been put into the cheeks.
3. Refer her to an oculoplastic specialist to consider reversing the apparent canthopexy she's had. This is the procedure that causes the eyes to look slanted and cat-like. Reversal of this surgery would make the eyes look more natural. Technically I could do this, but it is not a surgery I've performed for quite some time.
4. Surgically remove the lip implants she appears to have. This would unfortunately necessitate a cut either at one end of each lip or along the whole lip margin, depending on what substance is in her lips.
5. Surgically remove the chin implant that she appears to have. This may be performed via the mouth. Unfortunately some implants grow into the bone and may be a big problem to remove. These are not the implants that I use, which are easily removed in a 5 minute surgery.
This would be the start, and I think could definitely be a big step towards making her look more normal again. Any more suggestions from other plastic surgeons or blog readers are welcome!
To view a video segment I did on Fox News on plastic surgery addiction, click here.
Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.: