The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon
I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.
Friday, February 01, 2008
A survey by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery found that more people request to look like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie than any other Hollywood celebrity.
The informal poll of 20,000 plastic surgeons in 84 countries asked which celebrity body parts were the most requested.
Some of the results:
1. Angelina Jolie was the overwhelming choice for most requested smile and lips, followed by Julia Roberts.
2. Jolie's eyes and cheeks were also the most requested.
3. The most requested buttocks: Jennifer Lopez
4. The most requested breasts: Pamela Anderson
5. The nose everyone wants: Nicole Kidman (sorry Ashlee Simpson!)
6. The most requested male abs: Brad Pitt, followed by Matthew McConaughey
7. Many people also requested Brad Pitt's nose, eyes, chin, buttocks, lips, cheeks, and forehead.
8. A significant percentage of people request NOT to look like Pam Anderson, Dolly Parton, or Victoria Beckham.
I would have to agree with most of the findings EXCEPT:
- I've never had a patient request that I make her breasts look like Pam Anderson's. In fact, I find that most patients are afraid they'll wake up after surgery with "Baywatch Breasts."
- I've never had a patient ask for Nicole Kidman's nose, but many who have asked for Ashlee Simpson's.
- I find that many patients who seriously want to look like a celebrity can be a bit on the nutty side, and would be better treated in a psychiatric clinic than a plastic surgery office.
Story credit: United Press International
Photo credit: prphotos.com
Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.: