The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Teenager Dies During Breast Surgery


An 18 year old recently died during a breast surgery in West Boca Raton, FL. Apparently, 18 year old Stephanie Kuleba was undergoing a procedure to correct her breast asymmetry when she went into malignant hyperthermia and died shortly thereafter.

This is a very unusual situation. Malignant hyperthermia is not a common condition, and the vast majority of plastic surgery performed on healthy people is not associated with a complication, much less a death. This tragedy does highlight the fact that plastic surgery is SURGERY, and must be taken very seriously.

I've been interviewed about this subject and others (Priscilla Presley) on the O'Reilly Factor on the Fox News Channel tonight at 11pm EDT. Check it out if you get a chance!

Story credit: wisn.com
Photo credit: jupiter images

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I donn know why at all the girls go for surgery just for fun. We guys love them as they are... They shud be proud on whadever they have, and wud wait for the right guy to take her as she is.

Post Me Back

Anonymous said...

Geee too young to die for vain... Thanks for sharing this. I hope a teenagers will realize how impostant it is to be as natural as possible

Linda Modica said...

I was hoping you'd blog on this. I heard about this yesterday. What a shame a life is lost! I don't think teens should have cosmetic surgery. Sad. My heart goes out to her family.