The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Jessica Alba Stops Chinese Woman From Lookalike Plastic Surgery


Many news agencies are reporting that Jessica Alba has stepped in to prevent a Chinese woman from undergoing plastic surgery to transform herself into a Jessica Alba lookalike. The woman, known only as Xiaoqing, reportedly planned the extensive surgery after being dumped by her boyfriend, a Jessica Alba fan. After Shanghai surgeons offered to perform the surgery for free, Jessica stepped in, telling the fan, "I think you should never have to change yourself like that. If somebody loves you, they'll love you no matter what." After hearing Jessica's appeal, Xiaoqing changed her mind, stating, "I think it's great that Jessica is so concerned about me. Her words also played an important role in my decision."

Good for her!

I hate, hate, hate it when I see a woman in consultation who plans plastic surgery at the request/demand of a boyfriend or husband, and doesn't necessarily want it for herself. Occasionally I've seen the man point at and pick apart the woman's body as if he was Lorenzo Lamas in Are You Hot? More often than not it's some overweight, unkempt loser who points his chubby sausage-like finger at her hips and explains how they are too big. Uggh!

I just don't know why some women stay with men like that.

Click here to view a clip from VH1's Plastic Surgery Obsession, dealiing with topics like MTV's I Want a Famous Face show.

Story and photo credit: starpulse.com

Thanks for reading.
Anthony Youn, M.D.

1 comment:

V.M.L. said...

Thank goodness! Too bad someone should have told that to Jocelyn Wildenstein.