The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

10 Cosmetic Procedures to Avoid - From ABC News


ABC News has an article announcing "10 Cosmetic Procedures to Avoid." Here are the ten, followed by whether I agree with ABC News to avoid them.

1. Mesotherapy and Lipodissolve - Avoid. See posts here
2. Cosmetic Foot Surgery - No Comment
3. Permanent Filler Injections - Avoid. See post here.
4. Injection for Breast Augmentation - Avoid. See post here.
5. Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Surgery - Avoid!
6. Buttock Implants - I like using fat instead to augment the buttocks, but don't have a lot of experience with the buttock implants themselves.
7. Permanent Makeup - No Comment
8. Extreme Facial Procedures - I am not sure what they mean by this. CO2 laser resurfacing is still common, and although I do not do this procedure due to its prolonged recovery, is still considered mainstream.
9. Augmentation Mastopexy (Breast Lift with Implants) - I do this procedure quite often, but am always very aware of the high complexity of this surgery. In the right hands and with the right patient counseling, it can be a very effective and safe surgery.
10. Any Procedure by Untrained Hands - I cannot agree more. There are too many fake plastic surgeons out there victimizing unsuspecting patients. Check out this link about how to find a (real) plastic surgeon.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: