The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Plastic Surgery Recession?


Slate.com has an interesting article about plastic surgery and the current possible recession the country is undergoing. I can't say that I agree with everything written in this article, but I did find it a very interesting read.

The location where I practice (the metro Detroit area) is undergoing a definite recession. Jobs are being lost (many from the auto industry), people are fleeing the state to move elsewhere, and the real estate market is in the toilet. While the population here is shrinking, there appear to be no shortage of real and fake plastic surgeons still entering this market. Many have also turned to hyping their takes on procedures as something special (even if there is no scientific data to support this) as a way to lure patients in the door. Plasticized.com has what they consider to be an example of this from a plastic surgeon in my area.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm postponing my procedure as a result, though that has more to do with still job hunting unfortunately. I would love to have it now. I've had to give up retin A for hyperpigmentation.

Unfortunately, I think it'll drive people to the cheaper, fake plastic surgeons. It's tempting but I don't play Russian Roulette with my appearance let alone my life.