The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Plastic Surgery?



In honor of Andrew Lloyd Webber's upcoming appearance on American Idol, I thought I'd address the question: Why does he look so odd?

Take a look at the older photo and compare it to the more recent photo. Three things come to mind:
1) He appears to have had an upper blepharoplasty, where the excess skin of his upper eyelids was removed. They look much more open now. This may have been combined with a browlift as well.
2) He has a weak chin, combined with a heavy neck.
3) A person can look unusual if one part of his or her face is rejuvenated and younger-looking, while the rest of the face continues to look older. In my opinion, this is the main reason why he looks somewhat strange.

How would I improve how he looks? I would recommend a lower facelift and possible chin augmentation in order to match the rest of his face with his rejuvenated eyelids. If the facelift is performed tastefully, I believe he would actually look more natural and less strange after the surgery than he does today.

As an aside, I think he is an extremely talented composer and have enjoyed many of his works. I brought my mom to see Cats, and have even seen Starlight Express by myself in London (while being the only person in the entire front row - talk about embarassing). Don't ask why...

Photo credit: starpulse.com, prphotos.com

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gross! he looks like that guy that was married to liza minelli!

Anonymous said...

Um, he was strange looking in the first photo...