The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Sunday, July 04, 2010

12 Ridiculous Plastic Surgeries?




The Daily Beast and the OC Register have interesting articles on 12 Crazy Plastic Surgeries. Are these really crazy? Are people doing them? Do I do them? Here we go!

1. Creation of dimples - This is being done, just not be me or most plastic surgeons.

2. Chin cleft surgery - same as #1. Michael Jackson reportedly had this done.

3. Abdominal etching (liposuctioning fat to make it look like a six-pack) - This is being done by a handful of surgeons. My concern is, will that six-pack turn into a party ball in 15 years?

4. Eyebrow and eyelash transplants - unusual procedure. The only doctor I know of who does this is my friend Dr. Alan Bauman in Florida.

5. Toe shortening - Is this really necessary? Only if someone has a foot fetish, I guess.

6. Cankle liposuction - I will rarely perform this procedure. It has a higher complication rate compared to liposuction of other areas, but can really help those with severe cankles.

7. Toddler teeth whitening - Anyone who does this to their kid should be visited by social services... or at least by Supernanny.

8. Collagen feet fillers - This is being done, especially before Red Carpet appearances, although Restylane is now the injection of choice. I spoke about it on the CBS Early Show. See a clip of it here.

9. Pubic hair transplants - Seriously?? Yuck!

10. Belly button surgery - Otherwise known as umbilical hernia repair. I do this all the time during tummy tucks. I turn an 'outie' into an 'innie.'

11. Iris implants - Sounds pretty ridiculous. Only about 250 people have undergone this procedure worldwide, as a way of giving a different eye color. I prefer colored contacts over taking a knife to my eyeball!

12. Gummy bear breast implants - These are not crazy or ridiculous at all, as they are being widely used in other countries. These firm, form-stable implants are not FDA-approved yet, and my inside sources tell me that it may be a long, long time before we are using them routinely. Click here to see a segment of the CBS Early Show where I discuss them.

With any of these procedures, make sure you consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.




2 comments:

Antonia Rosina said...

The Gummy Bears look interesting. My friend had Juvey injected into her feet and said it has made a world of difference to her comfort when wearing heels.

Anonymous said...

#4?........ Try Dr. Jeffrey Ahn @ Columbia, NYC