The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kim Kardashian and Celeb Lookalike Surgery


Kim Kardashian recently stepped into the Celeb Lookalike Surgery arena, by conducting a mini-Twittervention for a fan who was planning to have buttock surgery to look like Kim: "Don't try 2 b someone else," and implored her not to "change yourself for anybody but yourself." Today Madison Park of CNN.com published an article that expanded on the phenomenon of people trying to undergo plastic surgery to look like a celeb. Click here for the article, which includes some of my thoughts on the subject.

This story is similar to the one with Jessica Alba, as documented in my blog post here, where she convinced a fan in China not to undergo surgery to look like Jessica.

Check out my thoughts in the CNN.com article, but in addition to that, here are some more:

1. I think it's very normal to admire and wish to have similar body parts of certain stars (I would kill, maim, and steal for The Situation's Abs) but when this takes the next step to wanting to look exactly like another person, that signals a potential major psychological problem.

2. Good for Kim that she would take time out of her day to help out a fan.

3. I hate how Twitter and texting are making people forget how to write (try 2 b??!!). I especially HATE that Pussycat Dolls' song, "Stick Wit U." Argh!

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon

Anthony Youn, M.D.


2 comments:

Your Receptionist said...

Yes, but would you still want the abs if you also got his IQ?

Dr. Rajagopal said...

As a plastic surgeon, I always encourage my patients to be realistic about the results of their surgery and to go for natural results. Trying to look like a celebrity, in my experience will leave the person very much disappointed. This is an unrealistic expectation.