The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Man wakes up during his own autopsy


An interesting, non-plastic surgery story: A Venezuelan man woke up in a morgue after a car wreck in extreme pain-- during his own autopsy. According to Reuters.com:

Carlos Camejo, 33, was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly sought to stitch up the incision on his face.
“I woke up because the pain was unbearable,” Camejo said, according to a report on Friday in leading local newspaper El Universal.


I'm just a plastic surgeon, but whenever I declared someone dead (as a general surgery resident) I would usually check to make sure they weren't breathing and had no pulse. Just a thought.

Thanks to Kevin MD medical blog for the story.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pulse, body temperature, blood pressure, breathing...pfffft just little details!

Anonymous said...

I personally never want an autopsy done on my body; this is a good reason why! Do you know if there is a way a person can prevent an autopsy being done after death? Even if there is foul play involved? Sometimes I wonder why the medical examiners insist on doing autopsies on every person that dies, even from natural causes. It seems creepy to me, I don’t want someone messing with my innards unless they are removing specific parts for donation.