The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

What 'American' accent do you have?


This has nothing to do with plastic surgery but is a little fun diversion. I've always been told that I have a 'Michigan' accent, which to me seems like no accent at all. Sure, I call 'soda' 'pop' and may sound a little more nasally than the next guy, but I never thought I actually had an accent. Below is a quiz which determines just what type of 'American' accent you have. This is how it pegged me:


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Philadelphia
The South
The West
The Inland North
Boston
North Central
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



Thanks to my cousins John and Eunice for the tip. (Congrats on the upcoming baby!)

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

7 comments:

marly said...

They nabbed me immediately: Philadelphia. What fun the quiz was. My thanks to you and your cousins.

marly said...

Had to tell you that I shared the link with my group, jewelcollect, and everyone is astonished by the accuracy of the answers. Great fun.

Anonymous said...

Pretty accurate-- Philly and the West were my top two, and since I was born in D.C., grew up in California and lived in Philly for a couple of years, it seems right on! Love your blog!

Jennifer said...

I have a North Central accent. Makes perfect sense! I grew up and still live in Minnesota.

Anonymous said...

I have a Western accent. Right on target - I'm from California!

Anonymous said...

They said I was from the inland north or the Great Lakes Region and I'm from Texas.

June Cutoff Cash said...

I grew up in Michigan and left when I was 27. I always thought I had no accent until I came back for visits! There really is a nasal Michigan accent. Also, saying things like "difernt" instead of "different."

Oh. And party store? To everyone outside of Michigan, that means the place where you buy balloons, NOT the place where you buy lottery tickets and beef jerky.

Love your blog!! : )