The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Carmen Electra



Carmen Electra - Does she regret her breast implants? According to contactmusic.com she stated that she went too big with her implants and would like them smaller, closer in size to Jessica Alba's breasts.
I did get a chance to see Carmen while I was in Los Angeles, and she does have quite a large chest. They are likely D or DD cup in size, and are a bit big for my taste. Overall though, she is a bombshell. I also had the pleasure of meeting a relative of hers, who told me that she was a very down-to-earth, genuine person. I've heard the same about her husband, Dave Navarro.

During my breast augmentation consultations I try to allow patients to decide the exact size of implant they are going to get. We use implant sizers which can be placed in a bra to "guess-timate" the best size for the patient. It is pretty rare to have a patient want to get as large as Carmen, but it does happen. It's important for these women to realize that "the larger the implant, the faster they droop."

Photo from hollywoodtuna.com

To view a video of a breast augmentation I performed for Fox News, click here.

7 comments:

Judit said...

My doctor did a thing where I put on a bra in about the size I wanted, he filled the cups up with Baggies filled with water, and thus we determined the appropriate cc's for the implants. I have to say, one unexpected bonus of this is that I never have to try on bras. My boobs were custom-made for Victoria's Secret 34C.

Dr. Tony Youn said...

That is a less expensive way for a surgeon to do it. The sizer implants are nicer and only cost a surgeon $100 each. There is also the "rice test," in which you measure the amount in cc's of rice and put it in a bag into your bra. I encourage some patients who cannot make up their mind to try this.

Judit said...

I was fine with the water-filled Baggies. What annoyed me was that my doctor then proceeded to let me feel both the saline implants and silicone gel ones (which, I can't remember why, I wasn't allowed to have anyway--something about first-time implants having to be saline? dunno). The silicone gel ones felt so much nicer...and I wasn't allowed to have them. Mine are about due to be replaced. I'll probably go with silicone gel this time. I've got a girlfriend who has them, and they just seem to feel much more natural.

I don't think I've discussed my boobs to such length since my last visit to the doctor.

Anonymous said...

If she is so unhappy with them then why doesnt she take them out? Sounds like shes just trying to get attention. "oh poor little me my boobs are big!"

Nina said...

When I got my implants done, I "tried on" the different sizes, with the help of a bra and those sizer implants. It also allowed me to see for myself that the larger implants (that I originally thought I'd want to go for) would have been done, I would have looked like ready to fall at any time, i.e. not natural (I was very skinny, too).
I'm extremely happy with the results, it's been almost 7 years since the operation.

Anonymous said...

How can Carmen Electra be unhappy with her breast implants? They look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I've seen her too and she is one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen. She looks like a living doll, her face is unreal. Of course, this was several years ago. But her breasts are much too big and artificial looking.