The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Nicole Kidman



Some Botox for Nicole Kidman? Here is a recent photo of Nicole showing what appears to be a classic "Botox Brow." When Botox is properly administered, the central muscles of the forehead and between the eyebrows are paralyzed. This creates the smooth forehead and relaxed area at the top of the nose/between the brows. Unfortunately (or fortunately for some) the muscles that elevate the brow arch are not paralyzed, causing the brow arch to look unnaturally elevated in some people. Patients can choose between this or the "Frozen Forehead," where the entire forehead (including the brows) doesn't move at all. In most patients, the "Botox Brow" is a much better alternative.

Source: gossiprocks.com
and Pink is the New Blog

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there any actresses who have not resorted to surgery? Also I'd like to know if you think actor Jeffrey Meek has had a nose job. I think he has but my friend's not convinced.

Dr. Tony Youn said...

I'm not too familiar with Jeffrey Meek but will look into it. Feel free to send me some images or links.
Some actresses who do not appear to have had plastic surgery include Glenn Close, Jodie Foster, and Meryl Streep. Actually, I have not looked at them too closely but they don't scream out plastic surgery offhand to me. If anyone has any doubts on them, feel free to let me know!

Judit said...

I think I've seen her with the frozen forehead before, too--and Botox Brow is indeed the more attractive option.

Sydney said...

Actually, I'd been wondering recently if she hadn't had one of those lifts of the muscle that pulls the brow up on both sides. I'd been wondering that about both Nicole K and Terri Hatcher as they both have seemed to have more of an arched lifted to look to the eyelid and brow area of late.

I've been using botox for three years for migraines in both my upper back, neck and forehead and I probably wouldn't adopt the type of hairstyle Nicole does that would expose my entire forehead in that manner.

Anonymous said...

I think Nicole Kidman looks freakish. Her brows are overtweezed. She had such beautiful curly auburn hair and she's way too thin. The botoxed forehead is totally unnatural looking.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE both "botox Brows" and "Frozen Forehead"!!!

Suze1237 said...

I had botox and it didn't look much different so I asked for some more and could just move the outside corner of my eyebrow so the muscle seemed to be getting bigger in a sort of V. Is that the Botox forehead? Anyway, I think Nicole Kidman looks gorgeous. In a world where white people are told to plaster their skin in orange fake tan, she's a hero for those of us with porcelain complexions.

Anonymous said...

It is infuriating that there are surgery claims everywhere and we all get sucked in. I do not believe she has had botox or surgery. My forehead is smooth and I look after myself, it is square like hers and does not wrinkle when I move my eyebrows!
I'd never have botox, leave her alone! There are natural alternatives to lookin after yourself and surgens should stop fueling gossip to make sales and money it is wrong and poor for women's self image. Fine if you need something done or if you have had an accident - but not everyone has.

Dr. Tony Youn said...

Anon- Maybe you should read other blogs if this infuriates you so much!

NurseGirl said...

I was just watching "Damages," and became distracted by close ups of Glenn Close's face...She looks like she's got that extremely wide mouth that plastic surgury patients often get. Also, I don't know what it is exactly, she just looks different, weird, & unnatural! I know she's got a rep as one of the few female stars who has avoided P.S., but does anyone else see what I'm seeing?