The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Janice Dickinson



Janice Dickinson was recently filmed while getting Botox injections to her forehead. The bumps you see go away within a couple hours as the swelling dissipates.
Botox injections are now the most common cosmetic procedure performed in the US, both surgical or nonsurgical. It's far more common than chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or any surgery. The reason why it is so popular is because it's nearly painless to have done and causes dramatic visible results within a matter of days. In my opinion, Botox is a better bang-for-your-buck than virtually any other cosmetic treatment. It is great for smoothing the wrinkles of the forehead, between the eyebrows, and the crow's feet outside the eyes. It can also be injected to decrease sweating in the palms or armpits, and decrease the width of the jaw. The company that makes Botox (Allergan) is so successful off this one product that they recently purchased a company (Inamed) which is one of the two remaining breast implant companies in the US.

Photo credit: rickey.org

5 comments:

Judit said...

Botox isn't good for the smile lines from the outer corners of the nose to the mouth, right? That's something that only a filler can fix...or am I wrong?

Dr. Tony Youn said...

Botox is only rarely injected anywhere below the eyes, and can cause an uneven smile if injected near the mouth. Fillers like collagen are better for the wrinkles around the nose and mouth.

Sydney said...

painless? pfft! LOL Which one of your patients told you that little fairy tale? If you know how to give them painlessly maybe I should let you talk to my neurologist and give her a few pointers...

annadd said...

I've never had big lumps in my skin after having botox like in that picture. I don't see what the fuss is. I have an average job and no man to look after me and I still have botox twice a year. I would rather have botox than a wardrobe full of shoes I don't wear.

Anonymous said...

How exactly can Botox be used to decrease the width of the jawline? I've never heard of this. I have Botox injections every 9 months or so for one horizontal line in my forehead. Works great. I've always been sort of dismayed at my wide jawline and if Botox would work as well for this as my line on my forehead, I'd be happy to try it!