The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dr. Frank Ryan Has Died


Celebrity plastic surgeon Dr. Frank Ryan died yesterday when his Jeep crashed off the Pacific Coast Highway near Los Angeles. Dr. Ryan is best known for being the plastic surgeon who performed Heidi Montag's 10 plastic surgeries in one day. He was a classic Hollywood plastic surgeon, with patients including Gene Simmons, Vince Neil, and many others. He was also very active in philanthropic pursuits, including the Dr. Frank Ryan Foundation.

I've never met Dr. Frank Ryan so cannot comment on his personality. I don't agree with the surgeries he performed on Heidi Montag, but I have always respected him as a fellow plastic surgeon. He was a man who, I'm sure, touched many, many lives.

My condolences go to his family, friends, and staff.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.


3 comments:

Breast Implants Prices said...

I think Dr. Frank Ryan was a brilliant plastic surgeon, however, I definitely agree that Heidi Montag's 10 plastic surgeries a day is quite bizarre! But who am I to pass judgment to someone who knows a lot more than me.. He is a big loss to the celebrities though, condolence to his family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I am so sad about Dr. Ryan.
My sincere condolences to his family and friends and staff.

Prior to the Heidi Montag multiple surgeries situation, locally, he was surpassing Dr. Kanodia and Dr. Nassif in skill and reputation.

Dr. Ryan was a respected surgeon here in California, despite what anyone else thinks or says.

He had a huge heart and was known as a compassionate caring human being.
It is for these reasons I think he went ahead and did the Montag surgeries.
There is no telling what she told him or what she asserted to talk her way into the now-controversial situation.

In any event, he is gone and I hope that the cloud of ill-repute against him will now lift.

Antonia Rosina said...

I second your opinion, Dr. Y, and also wish his family the very best at this saddest of times.