The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Politician Raffles Off a Breast Augmentation to Raise Money!


No, this politician is not in the United States. Gustavo Rojas, who is campaigning to be an alternate in Venezuela's General Assembly is raffling off a boob job at $6 a ticket as a fundraising tool. He claims it's no different than raffling off a TV set.

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) would disagree. This society (which I am a proud member of) has ruled that offering plastic surgery services as part of a promotion or raffle is unethical, since it trivializes the serious nature of plastic surgery and may influence people to undergo surgery they may not want or be a good candidate for. I can see the rationale behind this ethical rule, but don't necessarily agree with it.

That being said, there are radio stations which have raffled off free breast augmentations as their "Breast Christmas Ever" promotions using questionable non-ASPS surgeons. Is it really a "prize" to have one of these surgeons operate on you? Sounds more like a punishment to me!


Thanks for reading.
Anthony Youn, M.D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a friend whose sister got one of these "radio contest boob jobs" in Detroit. My friend was amazed at how natural I look (done by you) compared to her sister (half grapefruit look).

Dr. Tony Youn said...

Nice to hear! Thanks!