The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

New York Plastic Surgeon Mess


The Village Voice has a story on a New York plastic surgeon who has lost his medical license due to allegations of improper behavior. The story includes Vegas strip clubs, crystal meth, sponges left in breasts, and 'a gigantic penis.' My friends, this is straight out of the tabloids, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Stories like this make my life look and sound very boring. I've never done drugs, but do like a beer every once in a while. I've never cheated on my wife, or hit on my patients (yet I must admit that they almost never hit on me!). I don't yell at my employees(except when they refuse to refer to me as 'The Artist'), and have never thrown a tantrum in the operating room. I have a handful of patients who I find extremely annoying, but try to always remind myself that my patients give me the lifestyle that I have. I've never been sued, but I have agonized and lost sleep over an unsatisfactory surgical result. I do read to my son before he goes to bed every night, but look forward to lying on the couch afterwards and watching "Lost" with my wife. I like to listen to Jimmy Buffett.
...I guess I don't mind being a little "boring."

Check the article out here.

Thanks for reading.

Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have to read to much of the article. This doctor lost all credibility when he refered to McGill University as the Harvard of Canada. I'm Canadian, McGill is a good school, but it isn't the best. People need to do basic research on any doctor performing surgery on them. Not consider them because they've been on Inside Edition.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Youn, may I ask how you define a patient as "annoying"? I had to have rhinoplasty three times in order to achieve acceptable improvement and results, with the third procedure performed by a different surgeon upon my seeking a second opinion. It seemed that the first surgeon was dismissive of my concerns and would forget things I had previously told him, and it got to the point where I felt very uncomfortable dealing with him and his staff. I suspected that I was perceived as a pest suffering from body dysmorphic disorder (not the case) that was a drain financially and time-wise on the practice (I paid only the facilities fee for the second procedure, and the third would have been entirely free).

Thank God the second surgeon validated my concerns and did a great job. I did have to pay for the third procedure ;), but after a year of follow-up appointments with the second surgeon I can say without hesitation that I made the right decision.

Dr. Tony Youn said...

I think that in any profession we work with people whom we may not particularly like. That does not give someone (including myself) permission to treat them poorly. It is important for all physicians to treat their patients the same. I am happy that you have done well and are happy with your result. An unhappy patient is not necessarily an 'annoying' one!

Anonymous said...

That story about Jacobs is so unbelievably awful.

It's hard to believe that it's even a question that his license should be revoked.

Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of hearing your comments about your "boring" life and liking to be referred to as "the artist." That's what my husband calls me, when he wants to be on my good side!