The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The most common celebrity plastic surgeries

What is the most common plastic surgery for celebrities? The following comments are my opinion only, deduced after working as a Hollywood plastic surgeon for a time and becoming a pop culture and celebrity plastic surgery "expert." By far the most common cosmetic procedure is Botox. Botox has gotten so widespread in Hollywood nowadays that I notice when people do not have Botox more than when people do. This was most evident when I watched Tea Leoni act all flustered in that Adam Sandler clunker, "Spanglish." She had so many forehead wrinkles and crow's feet in that movie that I found it almost distracting to watch her. That many forehead wrinkles are rarely seen in beautiful Hollywood actresses today, so I applaud her for going au natural.
As far as surgery goes, the top three in my opinion are liposuction, breast augmentation, and rhinoplasty. All three of these occur much more often in celebrities than in the normal population. Breast augmentations are often obvious (hello Mariah Carey!), whereas liposuction can be difficult to determine (I've had people tell me that J. Lo has had it done numerous times), and rhinoplasties are either good (Halle Berry?) or bad (Jennifer Grey?). There are many more celebrities who've had these surgeries done than most people may realize. (I even believe that the great Julia Roberts has had her nose done!) At some point, the normal population may catch up with Hollywood celebrities in the amount of plastic surgery performed, but by then the celebrities may have gone onto bigger and more drastic ways to keep themselves young and relevant. Maybe they will have started cloning themselves by then. Just what we need, another Carrottop!
Have a great Easter! My son Daniel (3 months old) is getting baptized on Easter Sunday, so we are very excited...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Can you please recommend a couple of surgeons in the los angeles area for liposuction.

Spartan for life! Just got back from homecoming.

Thanks
lamommy310@gmail.com