The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beauty Junkies:

I've been reading this very interesting book by Alex Kuczynski, called Beauty Junkies: Inside our $15 Billion Obsession with Cosmetic Surgery. I'm about halfway through, and have really enjoyed it so far. The writer is a 30-something woman who explores the past, present, and future of cosmetic plastic surgery. So far she has followed a woman on a surgical safari in Africa, chronicled the history of plastic surgery from World War I to today, explored the boom in non-plastic surgeons performing plastic surgery with its sometimes terrifying results, and detailed how the definition of beauty may (or may not) have changed over hundreds of years.

It's a fascinating read for anyone interested in plastic surgery and beauty in general. And no, I'm not one of the many esteemed plastic surgeons quoted in the book.

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

2 comments:

raincoaster said...

Actually, I believe the author is a 40-something woman who hasn't quite come to terms with that. Gawker did some pointed reporting on her a couple of years ago.

Anonymous said...

http://perezhilton.com/2010-03-29-cammie-shows-some-leg

check out Cameron Diaz pic -- is that a tummy tuck scar???