The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mackenzie Phillips - $50K of injectables and laser treatments


Mackenzie Phillips has recently admitted to undergoing $50,000 of facial fillers, Botox, laser treatments, hair extensions, and dental work. As you can see by the photos, she does look better and not too plastic. But, does she look $50,000 better?

Although I believe Botox is a very good bang for the buck, she may have been better off spending at least some of that $50,000 on actual surgery IF she was looking for a more dramatic result. A nice lower facelift would look great on her, and cost anywhere between $7000-10,000. However, for those people who don't want surgery, then this is about what you can get: A nice, but temporary improvement.

Story/photo credit: huffingtonpost.com

Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
:

12 comments:

Soph said...

I prefer the shot on the left.

Antonia Rosina said...

I am assumng the first shot is the "after" as she looks tired and dull in the second. (Could just be the lighting of course.) I can't see much difference actually.

marly said...

I assume from the bloated lips in the second picture that it is the after shot. I'm with Soph; the first image is far more attractive, softer, more feminine, nicer facial expression.

Anonymous said...

She has a look that I find very annoying, the 28 year old botoxed upper face and the 48 year old lower face. I see it a lot on suburban women here in the Bay Area.

marymcd1 said...

isn't the shot on the left the "before" picture? If it costs 50K to look like the "after", I'd keep the money - she looked better (and younger) before!

Anonymous said...

If the pic on the left is the "After" then I think its money well spent.

She looks like MacKenzie and she looks totally natural.

I like her new haircolor (lighter) and her new makeup, everything.

She looks early 40's and looks like she's aging great.

I'm very happy for her and that she can do all this without looking pulled.

DARIAN ZAM said...

Fifty thousand dollars for what? To look like that? She may as well have bypassed the cosmetic tweaks and given the money to a deserving charity.

Anonymous said...

I am not understanding why she did not instead use the money to change the texture of her skin, as she has quite bad pock marks from acne and that does not look like it has changed.

Anonymous said...

She looks ok. The work is subtle and she doesn't look severely plastic. And I'd believe the $50,000.

Anonymous said...

I believe she only got the botox instead of extensive surgery because she just got out of rehab. She even said that she had her veneers/crowns put in without Novocain. That's probably why she opted for these procedures. Just a guess.

Dr. V said...

She definitely needed a face and neck lift... would have taken 10 years off her and would have been cheaper than everything else she had done. It's tough to tell what's really going on in those pics because the lighting is so different. Bad lighting can make anyone look like they haven't slept in a week.

Anonymous said...

I think her eyes are improved, looks like she had some excess skin above her upper eyelid removed. I agree she would look better if she had a lower facelift. I would trim her nose slightly too, but not too much.

I saw her on TV and the fillers are much more apparent when her face moves. There's way too much filling going on these days. It should not be used to attempt to restore a completely youthful appearance, it should be used conservatively to knock just a few years off. We really need to stop this nonsense that thin lips or skin or a few lines look bad on women. We allow them on men! Why such a discrepancy?